Information for the 2022-2023 Season will be posted soon.
See the 2021-2022 policies below:
While no single measure or collection of measures can provide complete protection from Covid-19, we can mitigate the risk by working together as a community, taking prudent actions, and adhering to the preventive measures outlined below.
Based on the latest CDC guidance, the Board of the Wellesley Choral Society has determined the following protocol will be in place for in-person rehearsals:
· MASKS – Everyone will wear approved masks inside any venue where the group is rehearsing or performing. Specialized singer’s masks will be available for separate purchase and purchases may be made with payment of membership. TMF masks have been determined to be the singer’s mask with the best results for droplet containment. (KN95 masks will be available to interested singers coming during open rehearsals.)
· VACCINATIONS/NEGATIVE TESTS – Members will be required to provide proof of vaccination according to CDC guidelines (deemed to be two full weeks after last dose.) Any members unable to show proof of vaccination will be required to present a negative Covid-19 test completed within 3 days for PCR test or no more than 2 days for a rapid response test prior to rehearsal. All proofs of vaccinations or negative tests results must be shown to the WCS president.
· SYMPTOMS OR EXPOSURE – Whether Covid-related (and regardless of vaccination status) or caused by any other potentially communicable illness, if you have been exposed or experiencing any of the following symptoms, you will need to be absent from in-person rehearsal and are welcome to join the rehearsal via Zoom:
Cough or sore throat
New loss of taste or smell
Fever or chills
Vomiting, nausea, or diarrhea
Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
Headache (not a usual one)
Nasal congestion or runny nose
Muscle or body aches (unexplained)
· ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY – Cleaning wipes and sanitizing gel will be available before, during, and after rehearsal. Windows in the sanctuary will be opened prior to rehearsal and remain open during rehearsal to provide maximum outside airflow. Recommended measures will be taken to maintain air circulation.
· REHEARSAL SPACE – Regular rehearsals will be held in the sanctuary. The pews will have pre-set markers for social distancing of approximately three feet, as recommended by the CDC. Please observe the markers and leave them in place.
· REHEARSAL TIME – Per CDC guidance for choruses, our rehearsal time will be one hour. We will not have a break during rehearsal in order to accomplish as much as possible in our limited time together.
· SOCIAL TIME – In the past, people have gathered prior to rehearsal and linger after rehearsals to socialize. While camaraderie is an inherent part of our group, the pandemic requires vigilance as to how we interact with each other. All socializations, therefore, will need to take place outside of the venue. Please be respectful of a request or reminder by a Board member to enjoy your conversation outside during non-rehearsal times.
Open Rehearsals begin September 13, 2021.
After three rehearsals, we ask that you commit to the choral society by paying dues to join.
How to Pay Dues:
When you are ready to join, you can pay by credit card through our partner site, MightyCause.
First, please note these four things:
1. We are using the "donate" button to pay dues (even though dues are not a true donation).
2. You will be making a “one-time donation,” not a “monthly donation.”
3. If you check the "hide amount from public display" or "hide my name from public display" buttons, your information will not appear on the page itself, but the Wellesley Choral Society will still know who you are and that you paid.
4. Please note that you will be given the option to pay our processing fees so that the Wellesley Choral Society keeps the full payment. We would appreciate it if you choose to pay our fees! Choosing not to include those processing fees in your payment will not affect your membership.
Click on this link to pay your Wellesley Choral Society dues by credit card.
Wellesley Choral Society never shares or sells member data. We collect names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers only to create a membership roster for our members, for uses like carpooling, social interactions, and emergency notifications.
If you prefer to pay by check, please make it out to “Wellesley Choral Society” and mail it to our treasurer:
104 Sherbourne Place,
Waltham, MA 02451
Please note your email address on the memo line of your check. Please mail checks early so we have your membership before the Members-only rehearsals begin on October 4th.